Is your weekly sermon prep killing you? Your ministry job may be killing you–literally. The work you do for God and to support your family may possibly remove you from them sooner than you think. This is an article on how sitting on the job reduces longevity. In other words, how sitting is killing us. There are physiological reasons why our office jobs could lead to an earlier death. To be honest, I don’t want to be “that guy” who became so lethargic and out of shape that I’m no longer fruitful and effective for the Kingdom of God.Read More…
Health preservation is a HUGE concern among church leaders. Ministry is stressful, demanding, and not natural–hint: it’s supernatural. Because we live this life in the flesh, we struggle in the space between the demands of our flesh (the traitor within) as well as the demands of others, and the life-giving Spirit of God whose grace and rest are readily accessible.
The areas of health preservation we all constantly deal in are:
- Physical health – Are you sweating profusely in the pulpit? Do team meetings often include dessert?
- Emotional health – Are you fit and ready for the emotional challenges of ministry?
- Mental health – How about polishing up on your old Greek or Hebrew notes? You’ll be surprised by the mental health benefits!
- Social/Relational health – You alone? Isolated? We’ll talk specifically more about this in our area addressing this main topic.
- Spiritual health – Jesus wants us to bear fruit, right? Apart from Him, He says we can do NOTHING. Does our daily schedule reflect that notion?
Fitness in these areas are key components to fulfilling God’s purposes. We want to help you become fruitful and effective for God’s kingdom. We want you to bear 100x fruit!
Soon, you’ll be able to click on each of these areas and gain help and insight. You’ll find inspiration, encouragement, coaching, friends on a similar path and even begin the process of healing as you seek to become more like Jesus Christ in each of these areas of health preservation.
Want to try our new free CLCJAT’s? Sign up here.
Living under threat is foreign to me. I ministered to a young Airman yesterday who barely started their elementary school years when this Global War on Terror began in September 2001. Now he’s a part of the nation’s military, serving the USA. He has grown up in an America that is so different than the one I’ve grown up in, in the mid-70’s through 90’s.Read More…
Does prayer do anything? Even a cursory read of Numbers 11:1-3 is easy to see a few interesting principles of life about complaining and God’s response, as well as a leader’s prayers and God’s response.
Complaining ticked even GOD off. Whoa! See where complaining gets us? When your children were little and you took them on an outing that might not have gone as planned, did they complain? Did they grumble? Did they WHINE?Read More…