Every shepherd needs to experience this amazing British recipe! Shepherd’s pie is a great comfort food meal and is what’s for dinner tonight! Working on it as I share this with you. Want the recipe?
- 2lbs Ground beef, browned and fat drained
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables (green beans, carrots, corn), steamed
- 1 packet of instant mashed potatoes
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup to mix in with vegetables and meat
If you’re a hardcore shepherd’s pie lover, and really want to know its history, you can learn more about it here.
When you have a family of seven like mine, you need to make extra. We watched the President of the USA’s State of the Union address tonight while enjoying this comfort food. Sometimes, you just have to make self-care a priority (the meal, that is), you know? Enjoy Shepherd’s pie. It may not be a fancy recipe, but it’s been a family favorite for years.
Here’s what it looks like when done!